James Leavitt is the founder of Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner. After more than 50 years leading the firm, he recently stepped back from day-to-day case responsibilities and continues with the firm as senior counsel.
From 1972 — when he started the firm — to today, Jim Leavitt’s compassion for people and depth of legal knowledge has helped guide Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner to its preeminent position among Hawaii’s injury law firms.
Mr. Leavitt came to Hawaii in 1968 as a U.S. Marine Corps captain assigned to the Judge Adjutant General’s office at Pearl Harbor. After completing his service in 1970, he joined Hawaii’s fledgling Public Defenders Office. Established that year to safeguard the individual rights of those accused of crimes, the office grew to become the largest criminal defense organization in the State of Hawaii.
As a Honolulu injury lawyer, he has demonstrated a deep commitment to helping people who have been seriously injured seek justice and obtain maximum recoveries for their injuries. Over the years, his understanding of Hawaii law and local practices helped him obtain favorable outcomes for his many clients.
You can catch Jim riding the waves in his spare time.
Mr. Leavitt’s professional recognition as a trial lawyer includes:
- “AV” ® rating (highest rating for ability and ethics) by Martindale-Hubbell®, the original lawyer-rating service, which he maintained for more than 30 years
- Past Board Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Past President, Hawaii Association of Justice
- Recognized among “Super Lawyers” ®
- Recognized among Best Lawyers®