South Kona, HI – Motor Vehicle Crash With Injuries Closes Hwy 11
May 15, 2022
South Kona, HI (May 14, 2022) – Officers from the Hawaii Police Department were called to the scene of a motor vehicle accident with injuries on Saturday, May 14th.
The collision took place at about 6:00 a.m. on Highway 11 near mile marker 97.
The area north of Kona Paradise to Kaohe Road in South Kona was shut down due to the crash, which caused not only injuries but downed utility lines and poles as well.
There was no immediate word on the number of victims or the severity of their injuries.
The road was closed for nearly six hours as police worked to investigate the cause of the accident and road clean-up and repairs were being conducted.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Compensation for Hawaii Car Accident Claims
In the weeks following a motor vehicle accident, related damages will quickly start to stack up. If you and your family are experiencing financial pressures after an accident, a personal injury attorney can help you pursue full financial compensation for the damages you have endured, and determine if you need to file a claim with a third party or through your own insurance company.
When assessing what recovery you may be entitled to, a practiced attorney can evaluate your damages and aggressively seek the resources you need. We can assist injured victims in obtaining various forms of compensation, including:
- Medical Costs: Compensation for medical expenses can cover a wide variety of things. Co-pays or emergency room costs, cognitive therapy, physiotherapy, consultation expenses, medical devices, and home carers can all contribute to the huge pile of bills that accident victims are often inundated with. Along with the damages listed above, an attorney should also be able to secure compensation for any anticipated medical expenses.
- Lost Wages: It is not uncommon for victims to be unable to go back to work either temporarily or permanently. In the event that an injury is so serious that you are forced to miss a substantial amount of work, it should be included in your compensation.
- Pain and Suffering: A skilled attorney can effectively pursue financial compensation for the pain and emotional anguish that collision victims often experience. This amount varies from case to case and is based on the type and severity of your injuries. To be eligible for this compensation you will have to file a lawsuit or a third-party claim.
- Property Damage: If your vehicle or another form of personal property was damaged in a car accident, your compensation needs to include the cost of repairing or replacing the broken or damaged items.
- Loss of Companionship: Sometimes, one spouse is so badly injured in a car accident that it hurts their marriage. The uninjured spouse could be left without the companionship or emotional support they looked forward to and would have otherwise enjoyed. This form of compensation is also only available via a lawsuit or a third-party claim.
Contact our Hawaii motor vehicle accident lawyers as soon as possible by calling (808) 537-2525 to schedule a free evaluation of your potential claim to discover what legal options are available to you.
Notes: Our team of writers uses secondary sources such as news reports, and local and state police incident reports to create these posts. We have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this particular accident so if there is any information that is incorrect, please contact Leavitt, Yamane & Soldner right away so that we can update the post right away to reflect the most accurate information available.
Disclaimer: This post is not a solicitation for business. The photo used in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene. None of the information in this post is intended to be legal advice or medical advice. If you are injured in an accident, seek medical assistance immediately.