Honolulu Birth Injury Attorneys
Fighting Medical Malpractice leading to Birth Injury
The families of Honolulu, Hawaii victims of medical malpractice that resulted
in cerebral palsy or other birth injuries should seek the assistance of
our skilled and experienced lawyers. Successful litigation of a birth
injury case can provide you and your family with the financial assistance
necessary to help your injured child lead a full and rewarding life.
Did your child sustain a birth injury? Call
free initial consultation.
What Is Cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral palsy is a chronic medical condition caused by damage to a developing
brain. This is one of the most common and debilitating injuries resulting from
medical malpractice today. It is believed that the condition arises from a difficult labor
or delivery that leads to bleeding, lack of oxygen, head trauma, or other
injury to a newborn child.
Some specific causes of cerebral palsy as a result of birth injury include:
- The physician waiting too long before performing a C-Section
- The physician failing to diagnose fetal distress during labor
- The fetal monitor strips were interpreted incorrectly
- Being given too much Pitocin
- Failure of the physician to refer mothers with a high risk pregnancy to
- Failure to have pediatrician present during birth
Currently there are no cures for cerebral palsy. However, it can be managed
with diligent health care.
Our Honolulu personal injury attorneys want to ensure that your child receives every potentially beneficial therapy,
mobility aid, and communication assistance modern medicine can provide.
Cerebral palsy is generally diagnosed before a child reaches three years of age.
Possible signs of the condition include:
- Child is easily startled
- Poor head control
- Excessive stiffness or limpness
- Difficulty sucking and feeding
- Delays in motor development
Please give us a call
to learn more about how we can assist you.