Birth Injury Lawyer Serving Honolulu, HI
Fighting Medical Malpractice
The families of Honolulu, Hawaii victims of medical malpractice that resulted in cerebral palsy or other birth injuries should seek the assistance of our skilled and experienced attorneys. Successful litigation of a birth injury case can provide you and your family with the financial assistance necessary to help your injured child lead a full and rewarding life.
Cerebral palsy is a chronic medical condition caused by damage to a developing brain. This is one of the most common and debilitating injuries resulting from medical malpractice today. It is believed that the condition arises from a difficult labor or delivery that leads to bleeding, lack of oxygen, head trauma, or other injury to a newborn child.
Currently there are no cures for cerebral palsy; however, it can be managed with diligent health care. Our Honolulu, Hawaii cerebral palsy attorneys want to ensure that your child receives every potentially beneficial therapy, mobility aid, and communication assistance modern medicine can provide.
Some specific causes of cerebral palsy as a result of birth injury include:
- The physician waiting too long before performing a C Section
- The physician failing to diagnose fetal distress during labor
- The fetal monitor strips were interpreted incorrectly
- Being given too much Pitocin
- Failure of the physician to refer mothers with a high risk pregnancy to a specialist
- Failure to have pediatrician present during birth
Cerebral palsy is generally diagnosed before a child reaches three years of age. Possible signs of the condition include:
- Child is easily startled
- Poor head control
- Excessive stiffness or limpness
- Difficulty sucking and feeding
- Delays in motor development